Saturday, March 30, 2013

nail talk: the last four times.


I don't know how I kept this from you guys for so long. I feel like it's my dirty little secret, but also, no secret at all. I am willing to admit it, possibly scream it from the rooftops... I love nail polish. It is an addiction, but not a problem. 

These are the last four colors I have worn on my nails, and coincidentally, they are the last four I have purchased. From left to right, please welcome to the family: Butter London "Muggins" ($15), Nails Inc. "Kensington Palace Gardens" ($9.50), Butter London "Fairy Lights" ($15), and Flower "I Lavendare You!" ($4.98). 

As you can tell, I am trying to bring the Springtime to the East Coast one nail polish at a time. I have been gravitating toward pastels and brights, which is surprising. I used to steer clear of anything too light on my nails because I thought they never looked good, especially since I paint them myself most of the time and my cuticles aren't known for being flawless. But hey, a beauty obsession is nothing without trying new things, right? 

Muggins turned out to be my favorite new color, and people have been commenting on it like crazy! It always makes me happy when someone has a fun color on their nail, or when someone stops to compliment your color choice. It's the little things in life that make me happy. 

Also, if you're considering Fairy Lights, make sure your heart is set on something metallic. I should have realized with the silver swirls in the polish how boldly metallic it would be, but I have to admit, I didn't really enjoy it and it stayed on my nails for two days. 

I ordered some nail wheels to show you guys some swatches instead of having you look at my god-awful cuticles, so those should be in soon! Expect a couple of 'dupe posts' coming up! See: Zoya's Jem vs. Chanel's Taboo (I am really trying so hard to not buy this. So. Very. Hard.). 

For now, do comment below and tell me what's on your nails right now, and maybe I'll let you guys peek in to my collection a little more.

xx.

2 comments:

  1. ahem can we please see a Tom Ford situation? I mean I know you aren't made of gold bullion (is that even doing well on the market these days?) but still LET'S GO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DON'T HAVE ANY, IRIS. I really want to try a Dior, YSL, or Estee Lauder before I venture off in to Tom Ford. When I'm back home in California, I plan on making a trip to a close CCO and see if they have anything I can get my hands on polish wise. xx

      Delete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS