Monday, April 22, 2013

eve lom cleanser.


We need to have a little chat. I had planned on taking a break from blogging due to the recent Boston Marathon bombings (I live about a mile away from the finish line) and my upcoming finals, but I needed to come to you guys with a recent purchase. 

Have you heard of the Eve Lom Cleanser yet? Vogue has raved about it. Nordstrom is now carrying it in their beauty department. It's all the rage, you guys. I am a sucker for an overhyped skincare product, mostly because I know they're hyped up for a reason. My skin tends to drink up any goodness I put on it, and it responds fairly well to new products. 



But I tried to resist. I spent a good few months ignoring this up-and-coming cleanser. Mostly because of the price tag. Secondly because I am still in love with my Ren No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm ($48). But Space.NK was having a 'Spend $75 and we'll give you $20 off, Nicolle' sale. When am I ever going to get this cleanser for $20 cheaper? And what else was I supposed to do to keep me entertained during my Corporations class? 

This cleanser is... beautiful. At first, I was pretty skeptical of its claims online.
Benefits:
  • Deep cleanses without drying or stripping the skin and removes even the most stubborn of waterproof make-up 
  • Thorough cleansing and gentle exfoliation enables skin cells to regenerate quickly and provides a vital receptive base for beauty products to work at their best 
  • Decongests and with the signature massage technique helps drain toxins 
  • Exfoliates, tones, improves circulation when combined with the specially woven Muslin Cloth 
  • Softens and conditions the skin 
  • Visible benefits for all skin types
  • So basically, it's telling me it's magic in a tub, and after using it for a week, I believe it. This cleanser breaks down my make-up like nobody's business. It never leaves my skin feeling dehydrated or stripped of any natural oils. It took a moment for me to warm up to the scent, but it's very soothing and relaxing to me now. I know no one wants to listen to someone who has been using a new skincare product for only a week, but trust me, it's that good. I'll come back and update you after I've used the cleanser for a few more months, but I couldn't wait to share the breaking news.

    It's expensive, I know. Is it worth it? It just might be.

    xx

    8 comments:

    1. great post! this sounds like a nice product

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's very luxurious! I couldn't recommend it more! xx

        Delete
    2. I actually had never heard of the brand, I can't believe vogue raves about it, it sounds amazing, wish it wasn't so pricey! I might have to treat myself

      A little bit Unique - Blog // Please vote for me in the Company blog awards, best fashion - newcomer

      x

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's definitely worth the splurge. Space.NK might still be having their "DISCOVERY14" promo deal as well. That's what pushed me over the edge to really go for it. xx

        Delete
    3. I have heard so many good things about this product - I have a sample of it, can't want to try it :) x


      www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

      ReplyDelete
    4. we sell so many of these at work! if i didn't love my clarisonic so much, i'd definitely try it! xx

      ReplyDelete

    BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS