Tuesday, April 16, 2013

what's in my shower?



It's about to get very intimate up in here, you guys. Care to know what's in my shower? Well, you're about to get a detailed tour! 


Soap & Glory Clean On Me Creamy Moisture Shower Gel ($16): If you don't have this product or haven't tried it yet, I don't know what you are waiting for. Drop in to your local Sephora and give it a good sniff. This shower gel doesn't lie when it says it's moisturizing. I can absolutely tell the difference between how my skin feels after using Clean On Me and using a Bath & Body Works shower gel. Not to mention, the bottle is huge, so you'll be getting more bang for your buck with this shower gel.

L'Occitane Cleansing & Soothing Shower Oil With Almond Oil ($24): Whenever I passed a L'Occitane in a mall, I quickly overlooked the store because it looked like one of those stores that only elderly ladies ventured in to. This was before some YouTube beauty guru raved about this shower oil. Having gone through my first real winter in the East Coast, I knew I needed to start taking care of my skin before winter stole all of the moisture in my legs. This stuff does the trick, you guys. You can pour some on your loofa, use your hands, use it as a shaving gel... It's a luxurious product that has lasted me for a very long time. Also, nothing beats the smell. It's obviously an oil formula, but once applied, it has a milky, creamy consistency. Trust me on this one, get your hands on it.

Clarisonic Mia Skin Cleansing System ($119): This was my first big skincare purchase however many years ago, and it has completely changed my outlook on my skin. I think the biggest problem I had as a teenager was simply not taking all of my makeup off at the end of the day, not that I was even wearing a ton of makeup back then. My skin wasn't clean after I washed it, and I had no idea. This little guy deep cleans and exfoliates the skin, leaving it nicely buffed and clean. I feel like it deserves its own full post on it in the future. Get it, own it, love it. 

T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo - Original Formula ($12.99): Okay, this is weird, I know. This is probably the last thing people expect to see in my shower, but hear me out first. This is my dad's shampoo. This is all he has ever used for practically my entire life. I tend to think I have a fairly sensitive scalp, but also an oily scalp. I use this mostly for a really deep clean, especially for days when I feel like my scalp needs a little help. It's a weird thing to admit, but I love this stuff. It has a really awful smell, but one that I'm quite used to. I don't find my scalp being very problematic for the past few years, but I have noticed if I use this and only this, no conditioner, my hair looks pretty satisfying the following day. There are days when I use this, no conditioner, and no leave-in product, and my hair feels more voluminous and healthy. It's the strangest thing, and probably wouldn't work miracles on everyone's hair, but hey, if it ain't broke...

  
The Body Shop Divine Calm Essential Oil ($20): I got three of these essential oils at The Body Shop because I was looking for a stress-relieving essential oil for a friend for Christmas. For the past few years, as a law student, I have noticed that I now have the tendency to be a very anxious person. It manifests itself in my poor sleep habits and health. I pour a few drops of this essential oil to the floor of my shower as the water starts to steam up. I don't know if it's the most effective product I have ever used, but it sure does make my shower smell nice for a few minutes. There are various ways to use essential oils, depending on the concentrate, but I enjoy it most in the shower.

Lush Oean Salt ($35.95): I am a Lush junkie. I am a huge fan of their bath bombs and bubble bars, but without an adequate tub to utilize said products while I'm in Boston during the school year, I am left to explore other Lush products. Ocean Salt is a very intensive exfoliant for your face and body. This sea salt scrub is not for those with sensitive skin. There was a tragic moment I had in the shower once after using this and then attempting to shave my legs. I'll spare you the details. I've had this tub for awhile. It will take you ages to go through one if it's something you don't use on your face and body every day, so I think it's fairly decent for the price. This is probably my second or third tub, but I can't say I'll be repurchasing it any time soon.

Murad Clarifying Cleanser ($26): This is my favorite cleanser, hands down. I used to be a sucker for the Philosophy Purity Cleanser, but I am far more partial to this Murad option. This cleanser has 1.5% Salicylic Acid that helps clear pores and prevent breakouts. Ever since I started to use this with my Clarisonic Mia, I could tell the difference in my face. Not only does it help prevent breakouts, but it also smells great. There's some sort of citrus smell to this cleanser, and I especially love using it in the morning to help wake me up. It gives me that extra boost. I couldn't recommend this product enough.

Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Collection 3-Piece Starter Kit ($24): I don't like this. I don't like this at all. I use the hair mask every so often, but I think this formula weighs my thick hair down. I am much more of a clarifying shampoo/conditioner kind of girl, so I don't think this product is for me. I use it every so often so I can slowly make my way through it, especially if my hair is feeling dry and brittle on the ends, but this wasn't for me and I'm going to leave it at that.

Lush Ponche Shower Gel: Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to get your hands on this product, for it is a holiday exclusive. However, I am pretty positive they release it every holiday season? I didn't think I would like this shower gel as much as I actually do. When I smelled it in store, I wasn't too sure of it, but I wanted to make sure to try the small bottles of their limited edition shower gels, including Twilight. I believe the site will describe the shower gel as citrus and tequila infused together. I think this is a little misleading, but kind of on point? I wish I could give it a better description, but honestly, I would pour a little on to your hand and wash your hands with it in store once it's available again because smelling it while in the bottle doesn't do it justice.

MAC Cleanse Off Oil Travel Size ($10): I bought this because my ever-precious Lancome Drama Hypnose is a bitch to get off, and I heard this Cleanse Off Oil does the job. It does, but it doesn't feel great on my skin. It isn't a very dry oil and feels like it could potentially clog my pores. I keep it handy in the shower in case I feel like my mascara is still on my lashes, but I rarely use it. I'm just trying to go through the bottle. I hear great things from other people, so it may be some holy grail product for you!

Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Clarifying Sulfate-Free Shampoo & Clarifying Conditioner ($13, $16): This duo has been my favorite pair of hair products that I have been using for about five to six months now. I used the conditioner before I tried the shampoo, but they're both definitely what I look for in hair products. It is clarifying. It smells great. It leaves my hair feeling untangled and clean. Sometimes I'll use leave-in conditioners or hair oils after using these products, but that's only because my hair is ombréd and it can be a little brittle. If you have oily, thick locks, and you want something that leaves your hair and scalp feeling clean, then try this range out!

Thanks for reading!

xx

1 comment:

  1. Your shower curtain is a really nice pattern! :D The things in your shower look great I only keep a shampoo and conditioner!
    Sofia x

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS