Monday, April 1, 2013

march favorites 2013.


Introducing the all-star line up for March! Most of these products are fairly new additions to my collection. They're no more than one to three months old, but they have definitely made an impact. If you want a more thorough review of any of these items, do let me know in a comment below!

I can't even begin to fully explain what Melvita's Narcisse Extraordinary Water ($26) does. I asked the sales representative if it's a toner, but she responded that it was more than that. It doesn't do a whole lot to the redness in my skin, but rather, applying a few drops of this in to my hand and pressing my hands against my face locks in the moisture and water after cleansing. The site claims that this product adds radiance and helps brighten the skin. I think if I was using this product alone without the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate ($46), I wouldn't enjoy it as much. But together, they work hard to even out my complexion and keep my skin hydrated. If you want more information regarding the Midnight Recovery Concentrate, there is a full post and review found here

By the way, if you haven't heard the news, there is a new Nordstrom Rack in Boston. While some women venture to the Rack to find shoes and discounted clothes, I was curious to see if this store would have a decent sized cosmetics and beauty section, unlike my home store in California. I was in luck! I bought It's a 10! Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin ($20) for about ten bucks, I think? I spray this stuff in my hair after I shower and then brush my hair with my Tangle Teezer, and I swear, my hair has never looked better!

All the way on the right is the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector ($41). It is just about the dreamiest product I own. I am not a big highlighter girl; in fact, this is the first highlighter I have ever purchased, even though I had been eyeing the Diorskin Shimmer Star in Amber Diamond ($45) for months and months now. I regret absolutely nothing when it comes to this purchase. The highlight is very subtle if you use the proper amount. I can't get over how gorgeous this looks on my skin, and it very much minimizes imperfections on the skin.

Butter London's 'Muggins' ($15) was more of an impulse buy during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty sale. I was in California, and I couldn't help but grab a few Butter Londons while they were on sale for $8/each. I wasn't too sure of the color originally, but it's rather beautiful on the nails and perfect for Spring! It is a muddy greyish purple, and it's so very creamy. I swear, I got non-stop compliments on my nail color when I wore it!

Sitting on top of the nail polish is the Skinny Mini Bow Ring by Kate Spade ($48). I wear this ring every single day now, and it is very girly and adorable. The only downside of this ring is that it gets caught in my hair a lot, but I have trained myself to be more aware of potential tangels.

Finally, it's my one true love... MAC Lipstick in Rebel ($15). It looks far more red in the picture above than it does on the lips. The best color description I can come up with is a true magenta. Do you remember Blue's Clues and the character Magenta? Now imagine that color on your lips! What I love most about this lipstick is that it is a satin finish, so it doesn't dry terribly on my lips, and I have no problem wearing it during the day and well on in to the night. I highly recommend you stopping by a counter or store, and testing the color out on our own lips. I can't imagine this looking bad on anyone.

xx

3 comments:

  1. Rebel is a great color. This was a fun post! Have you ever tried any BH Cosmetics products? I especially love their palettes, so many options and the pigmentation is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebel is so dreamy. I bought it when I bought Dark Side! I walked in to the MAC store in the Back Bay, and told the lady I was looking for some deep reds. She pulled out a few, and I fell in LOVE with Rebel.

      I can't say I've ever used anything by BH! I've seen those huge 88 color palettes though. They look pretty, but I have a bad habit of sticking to neutrals... and I'm pretty sure if I buy anymore eye shadow, my mom will kill me. xx

      Delete
  2. LOVE the mac lipstick colour! wow!
    I've been wanting to try the leave in conditioner / detangler for a while now! so many people have been talking about it!
    also love the butter london nailpolish :)
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS